- Softness and ductility allow easy forming of sheet lead to suit all roof profiles
- Its weight ensures that it stays in place even in strong winds
- The density of sheet lead makes it ideal for sound attenuation applications as well as a barrier to low level radiation such as in x-ray rooms
- Application of flashing – particularly on roof applications around penetrations and gables on buildings
- It is manufactured by either milling (rolling) from cast slabs or direct method (DM) casting from molten metal into a continuous sheet form
Sheet lead is a soft, ductile and inert material with the added benefit of its density making it an extremely versatile product.